The Data Installation Engineer is responsible for Field Services.
• Fibre handling adept use of OPM and fault finding.
• Copper and co-axial terminating, testing and fault finding.
• Minor Infrastructure survey & build.
• Rack/Sub rack Installation.
• Installation of telecoms equipment, including minor DC power work, in equipment rooms or out on site in accordance with the design documentation provided.
• Assisting other engineers where and when appropriate, ensuring compliance and adherence with policies and procedures.
• To take full responsibility for the complete installation and test to customer standards.
• Reporting progress and issues affecting the work.
• Responsibility for ensuring all equipment issued is kept in good working order maintaining calibration and test date.
• A willingness to travel is essential.
• Perform all duties safely and to industry best practice.
• Receive and check issued paperwork from the office.
• Report all issues with equipment in a timely manner.
• Complete project reports/paperwork and upload within agreed Project SLA.
• Support Project Manager with Project delivery.
• Assist support staff where required.
• Assist SHEQs team with field auditing where necessary.
• Process the return of Decommission equipment to customer stores.
• Provide adhoc reports on technical and or field issues as necessary.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by the business.
• Internal splicing of Fibre in ODF & patch panels .
Qualifications and Experience
• NPPV3 Clearance
• Emergency First Aid at Work (005-HS-APP)
• RF/EMF Awareness (005-HS-RFA)
• Roof Top Safety (005-HS-RTS) (desirable)
• Experience in a data Centre environment essential
• Siena Training would be desirable