IRIS Service Delivery UK Limited is an independent company delivering Telecommunications services across Mobile, Fixed and Optical Networks.
Our expertise lies in the delivery of end-to-end services and our capabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Project and Programme Management
• Site Acquisition and Design
• Civil Works
• RAN Installation and Commissioning
• Transmission solutions
• Fixed Network Installation and Commissioning
About the Role:
The Technical Services Group Manager is responsible for the management of the Company’s project quality (Mobile and Fixed Network) and technical training to support its projects. This is a key post responsible for driving a First Time Right culture across all areas of operational delivery, enabling IRIS to be the Industry lead and the envy of its competitors.
• Manage the Technical Services Group (TSG).
• Accountable for deployment quality, specifically;
• Analysing/trending internal and external technical audit data.
• Ensuring Root Cause Analysis is completed.
• Ensure Improvement Plans are created and managed.
• Ensure all operational IRIS, Nokia and customer SLAs are exceeded and implement corrective actions/improvements as required.
• Drive continual improvement and First Time Right culture.
• Implement contractor consequence management process for addressing contractor quality issues.
• Be proactive in identifying quality issues and communicating required corrective actions by the creating policies, field notes, toolbox talks and workshops.
• Chair/attend internal and external quality review meetings.
• Reduce deficiencies (including NDP-D/PACS &INCMs) across all Mobile and Fixed Network contracts.
• Accountable for engineer and auditor competency and licencing.
• Accountable for accuracy of quality reporting (NDP-D, customer and Nokia reports).
• Escalating quality issues to IRIS Senior Management.
• Ensure production of quality presentations for inclusion in monthly project review meetings.
• Manage & support the project teams with all aspects of project delivery, including On The Day support.
• Accountable for Engineer and Technical Auditor competency Management
• Collaborate closely and support the Resource and Electrical Service Managers on all BTS/Electrical and resourcing/scheduling issues.
• Collaborate with Nokia to improve NDP-D evolvement and reporting
• Ensure Project’s Scope of Works are clear and accurate.
• Accountable for Operational Documentation including; reviewing new technical documentation/ registering/issuing internal and to partners, complying with the IRIS Quality Management System and ISO 9001 document control requirements
• Ensure projects are supported with site gating and technical queries
• Receive and validate all relevant instructions from the client
• Comply with IRIS certified management system requirements (9001 & 27001)
• Identify process gaps and, in consultation with process owners, drive process creation and governance.
• Be the main point of influence regarding the company direction on client technical requirement and the delivery of operational quality matters
• Support IRIS delivery programme from both a technical and capacity perspective
• Support all pricing and bid works with knowledge of technical and client project quality when required
• Maintain continual awareness of industry legislation and client delivery requirements and ensure advances and latest updates are received, understood and implemented where applicable
• Be the main company interface with the client on matters of technical delivery and quality
• Own, manage, collate & update customer and IRIS tools/trackers with new data and or instructions when required.
• Check and prepare instructions to partners & suppliers.
• Record incoming reports & issue regular outstanding reports details. Deal with all queries relating to this role.
• Manage & have regular meetings with suppliers/partners to ensure they meet delivery timescales on matters of technical compliance and quality delivery in accordance with SLA’s.
• Ensuring the TSG scope and roles and responsibilities are managed/updated.
• Understand, adhere to and promote company policies and processes.
• Manage & support other employees with all aspects of technical compliance and quality delivery.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by the business.
Qualifications and experience:
• Be passionate about driving/improving operational quality
• Must have held a similar position previously. (E).
• Have proven experience in Telecoms industry. (E).
• Demonstrate proven experience in the UK cellular market. (E).
• Hold a formal Project Management Qualification. (D).
• Hold a formal H&S Qualification. (D).
• Hold a L3 in Nokia SEP. (E).
Every application is valued, and we will let you know the outcome of your application via phone or e-mail. If you would like clarity on any decisions, we are more than happy to provide feedback on your application.